Senior Natural Products Chemist
As a Senior Natural Products Chemist, you will play a leadership role on a team of scientists and RAs focussed on isolating and characterizing novel compounds produced in microbial culture and generated by the HEx platform, our synthetic biology pipeline. You’ll balance benchwork with data analysis and you’ll apply your extensive industry experience to refine and increase the accuracy, throughput and scale of Hexagon's chemistry pipeline.
- A PhD or equivalent experience in natural products / organic chemistry or a related field
- 10+ years of industry experience in the isolation of small amounts of material (100μg-10mg) from multi-liter microbial cultures
- Extensive experience with purification techniques such as liquid-liquid and solid phase extraction, flash chromatography, and preparative-HPLC
- Extensive experience with automated tools for the analysis of LC/MS data, such as XCMS
- Extensive experience in compound characterization using both 1D and 2D NMR techniques
- Experience in assaying the bioactivity of natural products
- Deep understanding of natural product biosynthesis
- Experience coding in python and R
- Willingness to interface with lab automation systems
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.